Monday, October 19, 2009

Well, we did it


Ok, we're married now.

It was a great wedding weekend. Kind of a three day party. Started with cousins, sisters, nieces, and TWC over for dinner on Friday night. Then the wedding day festivities on Saturday, and the big family luncheon on Sunday afternoon. Last night TWC and the Captain and I had a quiet dinner of leftover barbecue and some wine in the kitchen.

One of the best parts of the weekend was when Janie Snelson and that Man She Loves rolled into Memphis unannounced and surprised the heck out of me and the Captain by sharing the weekend with us. I have to say that having The Wine Commonsewer and That Janie Girl attend my wedding has been one of the highlights of the entire event, maybe even the best part. It made for a very special and fabulous weekend.

Today we're gonna drive down into the Mississippi Delta and show TWC where Billy Joe McAlister supposedly jumped off the Tallahatchie Bridge.



9 comments:

The Captain said...

I know better than to think the game is over. I will not think that just because we said "I do" that I no longer have to work at keeping my Chatelaine happy.

I don't want this game to ever end.
I want the world to know that I have an intelligent, beautiful, creative, and very organized wife.

Hmmm? Perhaps opposites do attract.

That Janie Girl said...

Janie WHO????

Y'all, we had SO much fun!

Have a great week...and El Capitan...keep a bind on that princess treatment, will ya?

Jennifer Abel said...

Captain, just remember that Chatelaine is always right and y'all will do fine.

In all sincerity, though: congratulations! I am very, very happy for both of you.

smartass sob said...

Yup! Congrats to the both of you broomstick jumpers. :-)


sasob

The Wine Commonsewer (TWC) said...

Dam, we did have us some fun. Drank us some wine, too.

It was a rough ride home. Since when are there Thunderstorms in Rocktober? All the way from Dallas to Lost Wages. Monsoon season is July and Septemeber (sometimes August).

Never even got out of our seatbelts. Not even the stews.

smartass sob said...

It was a rough ride home. Since when are there Thunderstorms in Rocktober?

The Fall always brings stormy weather to Texas and points north and east. Don't know about points farther west.

sasob

The Wine Commonsewer (TWC) said...

The Fall always brings stormy weather to Texas and points north and east

That's kind of what the flight attendant told me. October is a mild month in Ca and Az and Nv (not sure of NM). Almost spring like. I could see the T-storms out the window all around us.

The Wine Commonsewer (TWC) said...

We spent the better part of a cool autumn afternoon searching for the bridge, which, as it turns out was torn down twenty some years ago. Ironically, we found the end of the road that would have met the bridge. At the end, near the river, was a makeshift landfill. Wished I'da taken a picture or two. Not of the trash, but of road's end.

Col. Hogan said...

Congratulations....Sorry I couldn't have been there, too, but it seems I never go anywhere.

Haven't been online much lately, but that doesn't mean y'all aren't in my thoughts.