Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Long Hot Russian Summer

   In graduate school I spent a summer studying Russian and Soviet Union history as an elective course. The timing couldn't have been more perfect, because I was doing this during the months immediately preceding the Soviet fall from communism. My professor was very much a communist supporter and believer, so I got the full effect of the program.

Yesterday I was reminded of my Russian history class when I stumbled upon this article while mindlessly jumping around the internet during a work conference call.


From the book Das Kapital by Karl Marx in 1867:

"Owners of capital will stimulate the working class to buy more and more of expensive goods, houses, and technology, pushing them to take more and more expensive credits, until their debt becomes unbearable. The unpaid debt will lead to bankruptcy of banks, which will have to be nationalized and the State will have to take the road which will eventually lead to Communism."


Vladimir Lenin gave the following instructions:

"Deepen, exacerbate existing problems, crises, differences, and if they don’t exist, create them or convincingly claim that they exist, and then deepen, exacerbate them...and profit [politically, ideologically and even financially] the most from them in any way you can, and, in the resulting chaos, blame our enemies for the whole thing."



Notice anything like that going on lately?

2 comments:

Col. Hogan said...

B Hussein's how-to manual....



uxglon

Chatelaine said...

That's pretty much what I saw too, Col. It's exactly what's going on now.