Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Steel Magnolia

Everything has been put on hold right now. My Mom was put in the hospital for tests yesterday. It's very early on, so we don't know what the outcome will be. They are doing colon and stomach tests. I don't know if I'll be able to make the trip up to Washington next week for the boat outing and to get the Captain moved down here. It's all up in the air right now.

Things were already slightly prepared to be on hold because my Mom, who has MDS, was going to her blood doctor this Friday to start consultations for a possible bone marrow transplant. But we were pretty sure any procedures wouldn't begin until after the Captain and I returned in early June.

So who knows what will happen now. I knew there was another shoe waiting to drop. We'll see how these tests go, and the Captain and I will have to decide on what we can do.

My Mom needs me, though, and I just can't leave her for a long length of time if she's having treatments or recuperating. She's scared. I could hear it in her voice this morning when I called her hospital room. She's such a graceful little old southern lady, like Jessica Tandy in Driving Miss Daisy, after she had mellowed in her latest years.

I'll be spending a lot of time at the hospital in the coming days.


smartass sob said...

Sorry about your mom. I hope things work out okay for both of you.


TWC said...

Holding you close and hoping for the best. The words aren't coming quite the way I'd like but you know, anyway, that we all are pullin' for Miss Daisy. And you, Blondie.

Chatelaine said...

Thanks, y'all :)

Mom seemed stronger yesterday I think just because of the intravenous fluids. I think she's been dehydrated, because she can't consume very much.

Janie at Sounding Forth said...

I'll be praying for your mom, girlfriend.

Peace be with you,


TWC said...

How's Ma?