Monday, July 13, 2009

Moments


I love sitting in my chair on a gray morning in the summer.... all the green grass and trees around me, but the sky is dark blue gray. Those two colors will always be summer to me. Lush, leafy, grassy green and dark, cloudy blue-gray.

And thunder is rumbling in the distance.

I've got my coffee, my computer, and the TV is on HGTV. The mute button is pushed, though, because I want to hear the thunderstorm coming. I just got a "thunderstorm alert" on my cell phone. And I've got a heating pad on my back, because my back still really stiff and hurting from whatever nerve I pinched last week. The heat feels good, though.

And candles. Even at ten in the morning I've got the lights off and candles lit. The gray sky called for it.

4 comments:

TWC said...

We had some amazing thunderstorms in Tucson.

All that broody, candlelit, rolling thunder-in-the-distance is bound to come to some good. :-)

Chatelaine said...

Good for a nap, TWC, that's about it since Cap is not here. Good for a relaxing day, though. I kind of need that lately.

Arizona does have some good storms. There's just something about a storm in the desert.

That Janie Girl said...

Yummmmm. Sounds lovely. (Except for your back - get better!!(

Chatelaine said...

Thanks, Janie. It was a good broody day, and my back is much better today.