Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It's Over!


August is over! Today is September 1st!

I start getting in Fall mode as soon as August is done and gone. Even though it's still in the 80s around here, I'm just like a squirrel, gathering my Fall things, decorations, recipes, blankets, and all that homey stuff.

And I've got a Fall wedding this year too, you know, so that's kicking into full gear now. The invitations were mailed yesterday. It's official. I'm really and truly getting married. We can't back out now. My parents would kill me if they had to tell all their friends it was just a false alarm.

I ain't sceert, though. I ain't running.

Do you have any idea how many pumpkins I'll be purchasing this year? I'm going to need about 25 or 30 just for the wedding reception. Gonna line the walkway with them.

And isn't this cool?

New Yankee Candle Scent - Moonlight Harvest

I bet that smells so yummy.

I think looking at my new Fall magazines and recipe books has gotten me a bit excited. Of course, the end of August always makes me happy.

My sisters are coming over one night this week to go over reception plans and food recipes. And the Captain is coming home tonight! I think I'll make him a blueberry cake.

Oh, and college football starts this weekend. Hotty Toddy!

11 comments:

smartass sob said...

August is over! Today is September 1st!

At last! It's nice that the day's high temperature has finally dropped to 95 and lower. Just in time, too - I think it's getting time for a new air conditioner. This one has certainly had a workout this summer. My part of Texas has set a record this year for highest daily average temp; it broke the one set in 1980. I recall it was hot that year.

sasob

sasob

Col. Hogan said...

It's not over here. It was well up into the 90's again today. Not quite so hot in Hollywood, but hot enough.

smartass sob said...

...but hot enough.

Are you in any danger from the fires near Los Angeles, Col. Hogan?

sasob

Col. Hogan said...

no, I live in the middle of the San Fernando Valley, far from the unmanaged national and state forests. I could be in danger from smoke inhalation, though!

Col. Hogan said...

But hey, you can't trust air you can't see!

smartass sob said...

But hey, you can't trust air you can't see!

Yeah, throw a little diesel in with it and it'll be just like old times. ;-)

sasob

The Wine Commonsewer (TWC) said...

But hey, you can't trust air you can't see!

Years later and that still puts a smile on my face. Every time.

Yeah, throw a little diesel in with it and it'll be just like old times

:-)

September in California is often the hottest month of the year. TWC officially counts summer as running from July 4 until September 30. October is generally gorgeous.

TWC said...

Yeah, throw a little diesel in with it and it'll be just like old times

That really was funny.

smartass sob said...

That really was funny.

Thanks. When I wrote that I was refering to the Colonel's time aboard ship. Now that I think about it though, I guess that by "old times" one might think I meant when the air was much more polluted around Los Angeles ie., if it was more polluted once.

sasob

TWC said...

I took it as when LA was more polluted. And, comparatively speaking, it was. 40 year ago LA wasn't even in the top 10.

The Wine Commonsewer (TWC) said...

I took it as when LA was more polluted. And, comparatively speaking, it was.

Yet, 40 years ago LA wasn't even in the top 10 smoggiest cities. Bakersfield was the worst.