Thursday, October 1, 2009

October!

    It's here! My favorite month of the year! I consider it officially Autumn now. Things are really cooling off. Haven't run the air conditioner in several days. Wheee! So looking forward to those lower electric bills.

And we're just a little over two weeks away from "the day".

I'm scrambling to get everything done. The Captain is painting lawn chairs today. I want to have them outside under the tree at the reception. Isn't he so nice for doing that? I love him so much :-)

I am spending the day at the hospital with my Mom. She's fine, but is requiring a blood transfusion. Her red blood cell count is down to 24, which is dangerously low, and her platelets have declined 50% over the summer. So she needs some fresh blood. I call her my little vampire now.

Happy Autumn! I wish I could spend the day planting mums, putting out pumpkins, and writing poetic posts about atmospheric autumn days. Maybe this weekend, though. And I hope y'all will still be here when this wedding craziness is over, and we can get back to normal reading, posting, and living.

5 comments:

The Wine Commonsewer (TWC) said...

Does this mean I should leave the sandals, shorts, and Aloha Shirts at home?

Chatelaine said...

Heh :-)

Well, you might have some days to wear them, TWC. I'm thinking we might have an Indian summer in October. But no white pants. Can't do it after Labor Day, no matter what the temp is. Besides, with the Alohas, all we have to do is explain that you're from California, and everyone will understand.

The Wine Commonsewer (TWC) said...

I haven't worn white pants since 8th grade. The wearing of all black outfits was banned at our school so I regularly wore all white. Nobody noticed my political statement. I had three pair of white jeans and loved them.

I do, however, have several pair of off white cargo shorts. Does that count as white pants?

Besides, with the Alohas, all we have to do is explain that you're from California, and everyone will understand.

You know, last time I was in Memphis I was a minor celebrity. Everywhere I went I was introduced as 'the guy from California'. It was a great conversation starter. Got a lot of questions, some silly, some not, but the oddest one was the guy who didn't believe I could be from California because I didn't have a tan. I said why would I have a tan? I've been in Memphis for four months.

Chatelaine said...

"I said why would I have a tan? I've been in Memphis for four months."

Hey, we do have sunshine here, you know.

Off white cargos are just fine. Unless we have some kind of freak of nature event, it'll definitely still be warm enough for shorts.

The Wine Commonsewer (TWC) said...

Hey, we do have sunshine here, you know.

Course you do, but I was getting up at zero dark thirty and sitting in a classroom for the better part of the day, sleeping the rest of the afternoon, and going to the club for beers in the evening. That ain't no way to keep a tan up.