Monday, March 16, 2009

Yep, I'm feeling MUCH better now


He's here! The Captain got here late Wednesday night, and while I still can't believe I lost my job, I am definitely feeling a lot better. He's been completely spoiling me, making me breakfast, giving me back and shoulder rubs, and we even went shopping.

Friday was difficult. It was my last day at work, and people were calling me to tell me goodbye and express their disbelief at what had happened. I cried a lot that day.

But then after I dropped the last of my company assets off at Fed Ex for shipping back to corporate, we went shopping, and I got the cutest pair of plaid wedge heel sandals. They're ridiculously high heels, but I love them, and shoe shopping is the best thing for losing a job.

The Captain got himself some new Nike Airs too.

And he's been so busy around here. In addition to taking care of me, he cleaned the dead leaves out the azaleas so they could be fertilized for the spring, fixed the light on the terrace, put up a hummingbird feeder outside my kitchen window, and a bluebird house, and he even put up a new light-blocking roller shade in the bedroom, and a window blind in the office.

Oh! AND!...He made me Belgian waffles for breakfast. I have a man that can fix things AND cook. How cool is that! :-)

Today we're going over to Grand Harbor Marina on the Tennessee River to see if it might be a good place for a sailboat. We've started thinking we want something nearby, that we can go to every weekend if we want. Also, my best friend and her husband have a cabin over there, where we've done some great football parties in the past. Airfare has gone crazy expensive, and who knows what kind of inflation is coming down the road with this current government we've got, so we're not thinking that going back and forth to Washington for sailing is very realistic.

So yep, I'm feeling much better. Lots of fun things going on. I still can't believe I don't have a job though. It's weird that I can just take off on a Monday and scout for sailing locations without worrying about internet meetings, conference calls, and email. I don't think it's totally sunk in yet.

2 comments:

That Janie Girl said...

Enjoy your time off, chica!

Chatelaine said...

Thanks, Janie. It does sort of feel like a vacation :)